Excellent Discounts on Insurance
Our credit union also offers all eligible members insurance services. All of these insurance services are paid for directly by the credit union. The insurance covers currently provided by this credit union in respect of eligible members are: Loan Protection Insurance is the cover a credit union provides on the life of its borrowing member subject to policy conditions. Should the borrower die, the insurance cover provides that the outstanding loan balance is paid off in full.
Donegal Credit Union provides Life Savings Insurance at no direct cost for its members’ eligible savings as an additional incentive to save regularly. The amount of insurance benefit payable on the death of the member is based on the age of the member at the time the savings were lodged. Eligible Savings are those that are lodged before age 70 up to a maximum of €12,700, remain intact in your account, and are lodged whilst you were at work or, if not working, in good health. Death Benefit Insurance is reviewed annually at AGM. The current premium is €2,000.00 payable on receipt of Funeral Bill. Become a member to avail of life insurance…
Health Insurance Comparison Service
Health Insurance Comparison Services
Donegal Town Credit Union has partnered up with Cornmarket to provide you with a Private Health Insurance Comparison Service. This will help our members when shopping around for their private health insurance.
1. The Free Health Insurance Comparison service offers the benefit of simplifying a very complex purchase (which is paperless) whilst providing a real opportunity to make savings. Several working unions we currently deal with have delivered average savings of over €485 to their members.
2. The member will have access to all plans on the market, providers have hidden plans (corporate plans) that they do not make the public aware of, as a broker we recommend the most suitable.
3. Cornmarket are not a tied agent to anyone provide, so the member has the benefit of getting quote from all 4 providers, and a suggestion of the most suitable.
4. Cornmarket can offer discounts on certain plans that the providers themselves don’t discount.
5. Ability to execute business over the phone.
6. Access to specially trained Health Insurance experts
7. Members will be entered into competitions, we run a wide variety of these currently. These may include win an iPad, enter a draw for week away, weekends away etc. We also run open days which may include smaller prizes on the day but still maintaining the opportunity to win in the larger draws.