This week, in advance of our upcoming Car Draw on June 27th 2018, Donegal Town Credit Union want to tell you everything you need to know about it. The Credit Union have been operating Car Draws since 2009, and ensure that it is completed in a fair and transparent way. In addition to distributing over €50,000 in cash prizes in 2017, we also rotate the quarterly car purchase between all the local garages.
Eligibility to join the car draw
The car draws are held quarterly in October, December, March and June. Date, time and locations will be advertised through Facebook, text message and inhouse posters.
- The entrant must be over 16 years of age on or before the draw date. Prior to every car draw, a full review of the entrants is carried out.
- The entrant must be a member of Donegal Town Credit Union
- The entrant must pay the annual fee of €40 and ensure that there are funds in their account annually to meet their annual fee. The draw fees will be deducted on the first week of October.
- The entrant must provide their written consent and agree to the terms and condition of the car draw.
- If a member wants to join during the year, they must pay the relevant amount for the remaining draws that are left to end of the draw year.
- Volunteers, Directors and Staff are eligible to enter the car draw.
Leaving the car draw
- The member must contact the credit union and provide us with a written instruction (car draw withdrawal form) that they no longer want to take part in the car draw
- The member will be automatically removed from the car draw if they do not have the funds in their account to pay the annual fee.
- The prize allocation is allocated on the funds received from the car draw subscription. It is monitored on a quarterly basis.
- The make and type of the car is at the sole discretion of the Directors of the Credit Union. Cash will be given in lieu of the car. The cash equivalent will be decided by the Board of Directors on a fair value basis.
- Donegal Town Credit Union will not be liable any defects, or otherwise found in the vehicle supplied.
- Additional door prizes and junior prizes are also allocated from the car draw funds.
- All winners are notified by phone the next morning. A full list of winners is also put up on the website. Members call into the credit union to pick up their prizes and they sign to confirm that they received their prize.
- In the event that the winning member is a person who is in arrears or in default of carrying out any financial commitment to the Credit Union, the Board of Directors may make a decision to withhold the delivery if the prize won by the member until the arrears have been paid or the default has been rectified.
- Only paid up Members are entitled to receive Door Prizes.
Accounting and Monitoring
- Prize draws will be regularly reviewed by both the internal and external audit to ensure that systems and controls in place and operating
- The car draw account is held in AIB with a mandate in place
- The car draw account is reconciled monthly with full detail on all transactions checked. This is reviewed by the CEO
- There is dual control on all car draw transactions.
- Transaction on the prize draw are reviewed on an annual basis by the external auditor
- The draw is non-profit making. After deduction of operational costs (staff, SMS, refreshments) any surplus funds will be disposed of by way of extra draws. It is operated on a ‘breakeven’ basis.
- All draws will be held publicly under the supervision of a Peace Commissioner
- Prize draw transactions and balances are reported on the AGM booklet.